none
Why are all my threads "locked"? RRS feed

• Question

• Now I cannot reply or add to my open threads because they are showing as "locked"? Why is this happening and how do we fix it so I can update my threads? Thanks.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:48 PM

Answers

• Emailed reply from MS - found at top of forums that I checked, under section "Partner Forum Migration Announcements"

The Partner Online Technical Communities (Forums) are being upgraded to a new platform called the Microsoft Partner Support Community, which will offer enhanced capabilities and a new user interface.

The upgrade is planned for January 31, 2013 (PST) and will take approximately 24 hours. During the upgrade you will be able to view these forums, but you will not be able to update a thread or ask a new question.

The new Microsoft Partner Support Community will be launched on February 1, 2013 (PST).

The notice was posted back on 1/21, but I've never noticed that section - kind of like how a small town sets up speed traps, intentionally placing an obscure sign that no one will ever read. No telling why this was scheduled at a month-end rather than over a weekend

• Marked as answer by Acesplaces Friday, February 1, 2013 2:58 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 5:38 AM
  • They won't be unlocked.  The forum url moved.  http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us  You'll need to go there and find your thread.
    • Marked as answer by Acesplaces Monday, February 4, 2013 9:31 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:20 PM

All replies

• Agreed. I had a reply from MS to a Dynamics forum thread, but I can't respond to that reply - kind of hard to resolve support cases that way. I'll fall back on using a prepaid support incident for now, until the team that supports this site gets it act together. This is the second service outage I've run into on this site in 2 weeks.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:30 PM
  • I thought I was going to have to start Selling Pencils on the corner.
    It happened while I was updating a post.. LOL

(I'm just glad it wasn't just me, I hate talking to Microsoft Partner support) :)

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:33 PM
  • The partner forums are under deployment right now, we have locked these forums until it is done.

Dengqiang "Robin" Ren (Chinasoft) EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:24 PM
  • A message at the top of the forums indicating what you are doing and an eta of resolution would be appreciated.
    Friday, February 1, 2013 1:39 AM
  • Emailed reply from MS - found at top of forums that I checked, under section "Partner Forum Migration Announcements"

The Partner Online Technical Communities (Forums) are being upgraded to a new platform called the Microsoft Partner Support Community, which will offer enhanced capabilities and a new user interface.

The upgrade is planned for January 31, 2013 (PST) and will take approximately 24 hours. During the upgrade you will be able to view these forums, but you will not be able to update a thread or ask a new question.

The new Microsoft Partner Support Community will be launched on February 1, 2013 (PST).

The notice was posted back on 1/21, but I've never noticed that section - kind of like how a small town sets up speed traps, intentionally placing an obscure sign that no one will ever read. No telling why this was scheduled at a month-end rather than over a weekend

• Marked as answer by Acesplaces Friday, February 1, 2013 2:58 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 5:38 AM
  • You guys picked the answers forum backend for the partner community? 

Oh man.

And a post in each section needs to be posted, not just on an obscure section that no one reads.

Friday, February 1, 2013 7:22 PM
  • When are they going to be unlocked so we can use them again? It's been 5 days now and the notice provided said 24 hours. Are they still being deployed? If so, what's the ETA? Thanks.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:14 PM
  • They won't be unlocked.  The forum url moved.  http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us  You'll need to go there and find your thread.
    • Marked as answer by Acesplaces Monday, February 4, 2013 9:31 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:20 PM