none
What happened to "My Threads" link RRS feed

• Question

• I signed onto the MSDN forums this morning and found that the "My Threads" link was no longer available. What happened to it?
    Edward R. Joell MCSD MCDBA
    • Edited by joeller Friday, January 21, 2011 3:26 PM spelling
    Friday, January 21, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

• Well whatever they were doing, they are no longer doing because my Threads is back.  Thanks for everyone's input.
    • Marked as answer by joeller Friday, February 4, 2011 3:55 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• That is odd, I would perhaps try clearing your cache. What browser/version are you using?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, January 21, 2011 6:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Did so. No change. IE 7, 7.0.5730.13. It was working fine yesterday. Now it is gone.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:25 PM
  • That's really odd, we haven't made any changes to any code for this release. Is it possible to try another browser etc and let me know this is machine vs browser specific? My hunch is this is some IE7 specific issue, but I'm only guessing at this point.

Thanks for the report

Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, January 21, 2011 10:28 PM
    Answerer
  • This machine has XP and IE 7. It was working fine up to the day prior to the date when I started this thread. Tried it with Firefox 3.6.13 just now. Same thing. But at home working on both an XP laptop and an Windows 7 Laptop the my threads link was there with all the other logged in links. Both of those machines are using IE 8. Apparently different versions based on the look and feel of the browser. However that fact is not helpful because I need to access my threads here from work where the problems are. I tried from a co-worker's machine on IE 8. Same problem. I had the co-worker sign on with his windows live login in. Same problem. Apparently something in our domain. What domain setting would keep these links from showing.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 4:42 PM
  • Well whatever they were doing, they are no longer doing because my Threads is back.  Thanks for everyone's input.
    • Marked as answer by joeller Friday, February 4, 2011 3:55 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 3:55 PM