Customer Relationship View Customization RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to simply change the sort order of the customer relationship associated view so that it sorts by role 2 ascending instead of descending.  It appears that there isn't a way to do this from the customization screens in CRM.  Am I looking in the wrong spot or can this not be done, it seems odd that it would be sorted in reverse alphabetical order. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers

• I would imagine that it must still be in the "savedquery" table somewhere... whether or not you could Retrieve (or RetrieveMultiple) it out of the system is questionable, but the API might allow you to Update it.  This is somewhat uncharted territory for me, and probably the last real hope before delving into the unsupported and tenuous realm of direct database modification.
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:18 PM

All replies

• I think  you can configured  this from the  entity 'assocaited view'.

go  to settings==>customization==> open your entity==> form & views ==> open associated view ==> and here chagne the sort criteria by clicking  "Configure sorting" on the right side pane.

change it to desciding from ascending(default). click  ok,  save the associated view and then publish  the entity.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    http://malikhan.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:17 PM
  • There are no customizable views for the "Customer Relationship" entity.  You're not looking in the wrong spot, it just doesn't exist in a configurable location.  I'm sure you could hack it... perhaps by exporting a customization.xml file with it, and modifying it directly... but that will likely be unsupported.
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:23 PM
  • Thanks, I actually already tried there as well and I didn't see any fetchxml for the view in the customization file.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:03 PM
  • I would imagine that it must still be in the "savedquery" table somewhere... whether or not you could Retrieve (or RetrieveMultiple) it out of the system is questionable, but the API might allow you to Update it.  This is somewhat uncharted territory for me, and probably the last real hope before delving into the unsupported and tenuous realm of direct database modification.
    Dave Berry
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:18 PM