WHS OS Purchase? RRS feed

• Question

• My inital excitement over WHS as an opearting system, was an opportunity to build my own hardware system with the power to keep up and expand into the future. I am enjoying my installed WHS OS on a personally built hardware system. MS Customer Service was less than uninformed about a WHS OS purchase alone.

My question is, "Am I going to be able to purchase the WHS as a OS only?" 

Note: I already have very potent hardware expandable with storage, RAM and CPU upgrades. 
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• Have you checked Amazon or NewEgg?

However, Microsoft Customer Service's confusion is excusable, because Windows Home Server is not available as a retail software-only product. What I've linked is "system builder" software, not retail.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by JRDEEZ Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:17 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:40 PM
  • Ken,

Thank you for your answer.  I just checked Amazon, NewEgg and Tiger Direct and was pleasantly surprised to find OEM/system builder quotes prices! 

Looks like I am off and running!  Thanks again. 
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:17 PM

All replies

• Have you checked Amazon or NewEgg?

However, Microsoft Customer Service's confusion is excusable, because Windows Home Server is not available as a retail software-only product. What I've linked is "system builder" software, not retail.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:40 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:40 PM
  • Ken,

Thank you for your answer.  I just checked Amazon, NewEgg and Tiger Direct and was pleasantly surprised to find OEM/system builder quotes prices! 

Looks like I am off and running!  Thanks again. 
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:17 PM