Can't access PP1 file to install it RRS feed

• Question

• Have downloaded file WHS KB944289-v1-x86-ENU.exe and saved to Software folder on home server but Windows will not allow access.Have downloaded file WHS KB944289-v1-x86-ENU.exe and saved to Software folder on home server but Windows will not allow access.

Following are the steps I have taken:

1. Download file WHS KB944289-v1-x86-ENU.exe
    2. Save file to \\server\software
    3. Log onto WHS Administrator Desktop (Remote Desktop)
    4. Right click file and UNBLOCK
    5. Double-Click file to run and the following error appears:
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item." Have downloaded the file several times and on different computers with the same result."

Hope someone can help.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:47 PM

Answers

• Have you tried copying it to the server Desktop, while your RDP'd into the server and then trying from there?

Colin

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:40 PM

All replies

• Have you tried copying it to the server Desktop, while your RDP'd into the server and then trying from there?

Colin

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:40 PM
  • Thank you so much.  It seems so simple but the documentation said to install it from the Software shared folder and that never worked.  I've spent a good part of 4 days trying to change security settings and anything else I could think of.  I even submitted a but to Connect 4 days ago but have not gotten an answer.

Thanks again

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:16 AM
  • I had the same problem.  Copying it to the desktop via my computer and then unblocking it took care of it for me. 

Seems like the instructions should be fixed.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:43 AM