Vista Ultimate 32-bit (oem) to 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• im trying to update my Vista Ultimate 32-bit (oem) to 64-bit but there is no way of doing this ? why is that 

but now i have been reading that a OEM copies of Vista Ultimate 32 is not qualify to ordering 64bit Alternative Media ? that after a long time off looking ?

so now i need to pay again 300 $ to only get a update ? why cant i just $ for a update ? why do i need to pay for the full product ? this make's no sens
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:30 PM

Answers

• DefQon,

Unfortunatly I do not have an answer for you. This would fall under the Licensing arena and falls outside the scope for Windows Genuine Advantage area.

Take care,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by def-qon Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:03 PM

All replies

• DefQon,

Unfortunatly I do not have an answer for you. This would fall under the Licensing arena and falls outside the scope for Windows Genuine Advantage area.

Take care,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by def-qon Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Issues relating to the Windows Vista Software Protection Platform - Non-Genuine dialog boxes, validation problems, or software licensing services messages 

well you shut know why i cant update my oem version from 32bit to 64bit ore is this just a topic that being icnored sins its so hard to find anny info on this

and if not than were shut i ask this Q than cant seem to find a forum that fits the Licensing arena other than here
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:25 PM
  • DefQon,

You would be required to peform a clean installation in order to have the 64 bit Vista on your machine.

Thankyou,

Stephen Holm,  MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:42 PM