why does the Operating System (Windows 7) not have all the features of the normal Windows 7 O.S.? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to extend my laptop to two monitors. The Operating System (Windows 7) is not showing me all the functionality of the O.S. When I go to the Control Panel and select connect an external display the dialog box only duplicates the same image from the laptop to the external display. I need the external display two extend, so that I have two screens.
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:45 AM

Answers

• actually the laptop was a small 1.6 GHz (atom) processor (acer)mini computer that did not have the processor capabilities of a much larger PC laptop...

Thank You(Merci)

• Marked as answer by robertlamour Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:04 PM

All replies

• This question should be asked in the Windows Answers Forum at the following address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

The desktop extension feature is not supported in the Starter Edition of Windows 7: if you're running that edition, you cannot use that feature.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:47 PM
  • actually the laptop was a small 1.6 GHz (atom) processor (acer)mini computer that did not have the processor capabilities of a much larger PC laptop...

Thank You(Merci)

• Marked as answer by robertlamour Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:04 PM