CRM Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We use CRM 4.0 we have a website currently there is a product request from. If a user fill the form and submit it an email will be send to the sales manager with the requested product details. What I want is  when a user submits a product request the CRM leads area to be populated automatically and notify a sales rep.

Can this be done?

Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:18 AM

Answers

• You will want to send this e-mail to the queue from your web server:

we have a website currently there is a product request from. If a user fill the form and submit it an email will be send to the sales manager with the requested product details

Please note that taking this approach will require someone to manually convert the e-mail to a Lead.  If you want to automate the process of creating a Lead record from the Web site form information then you need to use the SDK to write the code.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:26 PM

All replies

• Yes, it can be done and there are several ways to do it.  You can send the e-mail to a queue in CRM and then convert the e-mail to a Lead. 

You could also extend CRM to your Web page and using the SDK, create a Lead record from the data in the form.  This is probably the best way to do it.  CRM Online offers this functionality but it is not yet available in the On Premise application.  However, there is an E-Service accelator that you could use as a start and then possible extend it using the SDK.  The only purchase you need to make to extend CRM to the Web is to buy the license which was about $5 K the last time I looked.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:46 AM
  • Hi Donna

Thanks for the reply . How can I send a email to the CRM mail queue. The email function works in our installed system. I can send a mail from CRM to any user. But How can I send a mail to CRM ? how can the email setup be done?

Thanks
    Sahan
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:43 AM
  • You will want to send this e-mail to the queue from your web server:

we have a website currently there is a product request from. If a user fill the form and submit it an email will be send to the sales manager with the requested product details

Please note that taking this approach will require someone to manually convert the e-mail to a Lead.  If you want to automate the process of creating a Lead record from the Web site form information then you need to use the SDK to write the code.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:26 PM