none
Unable to SetCachedCredentials on pre 2016 headnode when using HPC Pack 2016 Update1

Question

• Hello,

I have HPC Pack 2016 Update 1 SDK, from Nuget, installed locally.

If I have a very simple C# console app that connects to a 2012R2 (or earlier) Headnode and calls SetCachedCredentials(...)  the code never returns from the SetCachedCredentials method. My code is as simple as:

IScheduler scheduler = new Scheduler();
     scheduler.Connect(headnode);
     scheduler.SetCachedCredentials(username, password);

If the head node is 2016 it works as expected, but if it is 2012R2, 2012 or 2008R2 it never returns from SetCachedCredentials(...)

Is this expected, or have I missed something obvious?

If this is the wrong forum, apologies, please point me in the right direction. I did try to raise a support query under my MSDN subscription but HPC 2016 is not listed as product and I am not entitled to support under HPC 2012R2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, July 23, 2018 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi LiamAgain,

This is the right place to ask questions about HPC Pack.

The issue you encountered is a known bug. We have fixed it in the latest SDK, which will be published in a week. You could try it later with SDK version5.1.6124.0.

Chenling

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi LiamAgain,

This is the right place to ask questions about HPC Pack.

The issue you encountered is a known bug. We have fixed it in the latest SDK, which will be published in a week. You could try it later with SDK version5.1.6124.0.

Chenling

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Hello Chenling,

I just wanted to acknowledge your response and thank you for the answer. I now have the latest version of the SDK 5.1.6124 and can confirm the issue I was seeing is no longer happening. 

All the best,

Liam

Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:48 PM