none
Heading missing off my msdn forum page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks.

I have no sign in button at the top of my forum page. In both Chrome and Edge. Is this happening with anybody else? I have to engage with the forum for it to ask for me to sign in. I cannot sign out.

Thanks kindly

Pride is the most destructive force in the universe

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• You are correct.  There they go again.  If you can logon here

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?emptyWatermark=true&searchButtonTooltip=Search%20MSDN&ac=2

you should be logged into the forum also.

"Those who use Application.DoEvents() have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." - MSDN User JohnWein    Multics - An OS ahead of its time.

• Marked as answer by LeonCS Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Yea like Dbasnett wrote. However, I find it worse that there is no Logoff way anymore in the forum. Although this is of course again annoying. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:41 AM
  • It is worse, I don't see my own replies while there is written that I made a reply. 

How deep can it sink

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:56 AM
  • Now I see it but written on the wrong place in the thread. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:58 AM
  • Hi Cor

This was happening for me a short while ago and I found if I opened my post for edit and without changing anything, Submit - then my post appeared normally.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:20 PM
  • NOTHING AT ALL - just experimenting to see if this reply will cause my other reply to appear.

EDIT: yes it did work. However, since the forum is more or less unusable, I suppose a self exile is called for.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:00 PM
  • Thanks for replies. Good to see it's back to normal again tonight.

Cheers

Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:13 AM
  • This is happening again today. No Sign-In bar in the heading showing. But if you go to the forum home link then it shows sign-in option.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:13 PM
  • This is happening again today. No Sign-In bar in the heading showing.

I remember this on the microsoft office branded forums page, no signin / out button. I reported as well a couple of years ago to fissues but I don't think there was ever a fix.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:44 PM
  • My work around to sign in : - - - - - - click the [Ask a question] button

Is there a work around to sign out ? ?

Thanks kindly

Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:12 PM
  • dbasnett has given the work around for signing in or out - - in the link he provided in above post.

Thanks dbasnett

Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Contacted with the fissue. They said to use the following link to sign-in. Sign-In option is showing via this link,

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Marked as answer by LeonCS Monday, August 21, 2017 9:14 AM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 5:08 AM