CRM 2011: Report Error after restore/import organisation to a new server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have migrated our CRM organisation from one server to another by backing up the OrgName_MSCRM database from the source server, restored it to the new destination server, and imported it through the deployment manager. The import was successful.

However when I tested the new deployment I discovered that all our custom reports give us this error:

"Reporting Error. The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)"

The only difference is that the source SQL server uses "NT AUTHORITY\NEWORK SERVICE" to run reporting services, whilst the destination uses a specified account called "SSRS".To solve my problem I followed this post and reports started to work again: http://nishantrana.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/reporting-error-report-cannot-be-displayed-rsprocessingaborted/

My Questions are:

1. Why didn't the deployment automatically handle this? Is it a bug?

2. I noticed that the SSRS user does not have the required permissions also on a new organisation I created. Does this mean I will have to do this permission fix to every new organisation database I create?

Thanks

Darren

Darren Mercieca

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:56 AM

All replies