Error 8059: Product key already in use RRS feed

• Question

•  

I tried to reinstall LiveOneCare that I got from Office Max. I entered the key code and I got this message during installation.
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:34 AM

Answers

• If you have never actually used the key on any computer yet, then please exchange the CD at the retailer as the key would be a duplicate. If you used the key to activate a subscription already on another PC, you need to use the same LiveID to activate on additional computers or for a reinstall.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:55 PM

All replies

• The product key is a one time use item which is linked to your Live ID. To activate your reinstallation only use the Live ID and password used to originally activate your subscription. If you cannot remember your Live ID customer support may be able to help you retrieve that information. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:48 PM
  •  

That is where I get the error.

and I can''t get any further.

and Now it tells me that I have 12 days left.

Monday, June 9, 2008 6:58 PM
  • If you have never actually used the key on any computer yet, then please exchange the CD at the retailer as the key would be a duplicate. If you used the key to activate a subscription already on another PC, you need to use the same LiveID to activate on additional computers or for a reinstall.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:55 PM
  • I purchased OneCare earlier this year as part of a tax time software purchase.  For the initial installation, I don't recall encountering showstopping issues.  Unfortunately, that computer died of old age so now I'm trying to set up the new computer with OneCare.  I've attempted to follow the instructions and find myself in a loop I can't manage to get out of. 

At the OneCare window (the application installed on my computer, not the internet site), I have an urgent action to take in that I must subscribe to OneCare.  I click the Subscribe button and a window opens to enter my WindowLive ID.  I do that and another window opens that says I need to associate the ID to a subscription so I should either subscribe or enter a token.  I click next, and a window opens with 2 options: Subscribe Now or Activate a Token.  So I select Activate a Token and enter the token provided.  Then I get message 8059. 

According to message 8059, I should select Activate again on OneCare.  I have not found this button (I'm assuming this is a button).  Am I misunderstanding the message?  Have I missed something here?  I'm chasing my tail on this one.  Please help.

By the way, due to the lapse in time, I had forgotten the LiveId password and had it reset.  Today, I changed the LiveID itself.  I don't know if this has any bearing on the issue.  To test, I attempted logging on with the original ID and password (It figures that remembered the original password after resetting it) and that information was not accepted.

Monday, July 7, 2008 5:02 PM
  • The issue is most likely caused by using an incorrect Live ID. If you cannot recall the Live ID associated with your subscription One Care support should be able to retrieve it for you. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, July 7, 2008 5:22 PM