none
Disable Auto-Hide the taskbar at Windows XP via GPO

Question

• Hi Support,

I would like to disable auto-hide the taskbar at windows XP via GPO. I search a lot of KB but cannot find. I see the KB in the internet. I found changing registry key to disable auto-hide. But this method is complexity for a lot of clients. I tested it by copy registry from one computer to another computer then restart the clients but it's still not work.

Please recommend how to disable auto-hide the taskbar via group policy.

Regards

• Moved by Olaf EngelkeMVP Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:54 AM Not Windows Home Server related (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:37 AM

All replies

• If you found a registry key for this, you might be able to create an ADM template file containing this change and propagate this via Group Policies.

If your server and the clients support Group Policy Preferences (you would need to have the extensions installed on the clients and at least one server should be Windows Server 2008) it's even easier to propagate a registry change.

Btw. I do not see the point to post this in Windows Home Server area.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Hi Olaf,

Sorry that i post wrong area.

I think I should create an ADM template but I have a problem about creating it.  Auto Hide don't change value from registry but it is:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
    "Settings"=hex:28,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,03,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,6b,00,00,00,22,\

I cannot create this format followup by this below:

CLASS MACHINE
    CATEGORY "Removeable Storage Write Access"
    POLICY "USB Write Access"
    KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies"
    VALUENAME "WriteProtect"
    VALUEON NUMERIC 1           ===============> I'm not sure what I should fill?
    VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0         ===============> I'm not sure what I should fill?
    END POLICY
    END CATEGORY;

Please recommend

Regards

Thanachart R.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:31 AM
  • Hi, I skipped XP - but can't you just right click on the taskbar and select properties and select or deselect auto-hide from the taskbar menu? That's how it works on Vista and Win7..

Sorry if I misunderstood.

pkn2011

Saturday, July 09, 2011 6:36 PM