Double Entry Mode in 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm testing the Double Entry Mode: I filled the Tasks page with actuals and saved the page.

I went back to the timesheet where I expected to use Import / Import Task progress... but all the actual data was already there! Without doing anything. Am I a wizard?

After that, if I change some actual data in the Tasks page, I have to run Import / Import Task progress to update the timesheet.

Do you notice the same behavior?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

a timesheet will pre-populate actual work from tasks at creation time. So if you enter Actual Work for a period in Project Client or in Tasks in Project Web App (save is sufficient), and create timesheet afterwards, you will find these hours in there. If a timesheet was created before entering these hours, they will not be there automatically.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

a timesheet will pre-populate actual work from tasks at creation time. So if you enter Actual Work for a period in Project Client or in Tasks in Project Web App (save is sufficient), and create timesheet afterwards, you will find these hours in there. If a timesheet was created before entering these hours, they will not be there automatically.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:12 AM
  • So, I'm not a magician ;-(

Nevertheless, a lot of thanks!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:21 AM
  • Sorry to destroy your career aspiration ;-)
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:26 AM