Re installation of Ms Office 2007 on Windows XP to 7/10 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have held off update a Netbook from Windows XP to Windows 7 and Windows 10? Given the limitation on the free offer to Windows 10 I have decided to take the plunge but need to verify that I will be able to transfer the current version of Microsoft Office Standard 7. I have used a key reader to extract the 5x5 character CD key from the netbook. The copy of Office is tagged as genuine and the corresponding 5-3-7-5 character PID does not indicate it to be OEM.  When I enter the retrieved CD-key in the Download Office 7 dialogue I get the message:

The Office 2007 Product Key provided is not recognized as an eligible product for free download. Please re-enter your Product Key and try again, or check the list of eligible products If this does not work, you may be interested in downloading a free trial or purchasing Office 2010 products at www.office.com

I am not aware that I am looking for a free copy of Office 2007, just to pass an existing copy through an update to Windows 7.   How do I discover that the CD-key will be recognized after the update.

I have to break the license since my upgrade from XP to 7 requires a clean installation. 

Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Answers

• Sorry, but there is no longer any download available for Microsoft 2007.  It is no longer supported.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:10 PM