none
Developing for beginner the experts

Question

• I see about 20% of all posts which can be answered with a single post, here is the scene:

A never developing person came up with development idea and creates a whole software suite in their head with no:

- Previous posts here

- Real life Problems defined

- Defined Solutions to above problems

- Design of Development which provides the solution above

- Process of above Development

I think maybe some development experts can put a very brief guide for the first day developer, then point to that post when these 20% posts come. I believe it will save hours of experts time and wasted discussion and arguing. Just to point the person in the correct direction and that developing is not a first day solve how to reverse SHA-1 or the likes (the real posts I see in VB.NET).

This is my suggest.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:50 PM

All replies

• This never-developing person finds another person (or more) who has at least some technical clue, and together they implement the idea. Tadaa!

-- pa

What I mean for example:

Reverse SHA-1 (near-impossible)

How to stop a form from resizing (only asking how to implement a 'genius' method which there's already a way to do this)

How to save datepicker value (just what??)

Check two text box are the same (another what?)

All these people think they have in their head genius enterprise software solution and in 8 hours can push a final release version. Meanwhile hours of experts time is wasted and a lot of arguments and no value or pass of information occurs.

EDIT: I can find hundreds of thousands of examples, I just randomly picked some off the first two pages.
    • Edited by vb.NET 0.0 Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:28 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:27 PM
  • Why to stop the discussions? they're fun ;)

• Edited by Pavel A Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:48 PM
  • Why to stop the discussions? they're fun ;)

Discussion is ok, but one way unlistened to information is a waste of time for everyone: the writer and the people who also read.
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:11 PM
  • The try of those instruction have been in top of all forums. 

The problem raises that they are soon outdated and never read before a message is done.

If you can find a way to tell how to get those guides read before a message is created, than that is solved. Otherwise it is a waist of time.

Be aware that it is already done. There is first sought for a likewise question, but that even confuses more because it is simply a word search and not a context search (which is impossible if we see how many languages are used)

Also is the problem that a document is needed which is 10 times the size of all Bibles, Talmuds and Korans. 

In fact that is MSDN, but that contains so much which is for newbies outdated, that it also does not fulfill your goal.

Success
    Cor

Monday, March 30, 2015 7:04 AM