Windows genuine advantage results in a blank page, and no validation. RRS feed

• Question

• I am having validation issues with 2 windows XP machines.  They both do exactly the same thing.  I am told I need to validate windows to ensure it is genuine.  I go to the website, a green circle appears in the middle of the screen, it tells me not to navigate away from this page, and then the bottom left of the screen indicates there are errors, and the page is blank.  Validating through firefox, I download, install the plugin, it tells me that the plugin has installed.  When I click on refresh, it tells me it loaded correctly.  I click on continue, I get the same page.  I click on validate now, I download legitcheck.hta.  I run legitcheck.hta, I get a screen with a green circle telling me not to navigate away from this page.  The page then goes blank.

Restarted computer

Restarted firefox

Restarted internet explorer

Checked time and date

Is the validation site down?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• There's an issue for volume license key customers in the central/eastern timezones right now. Try setting the date back to 6/6/2011 and then running Windows update. Install the few updates it has available, restart and then set the date back to 6/7/2011. This worked for me.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:49 PM
  • "Shadow Wizard1" wrote in message news:ed059568-f40f-43ea-8651-cbb5a108d976...

I am having validation issues with 2 windows XP machines.  They both do exactly the same thing.  I am told I need to validate windows to ensure it is genuine.  I go to the website, a green circle appears in the middle of the screen, it tells me not to navigate away from this page, and then the bottom left of the screen indicates there are errors, and the page is blank.  Validating through firefox, I download, install the plugin, it tells me that the plugin has installed.  When I click on refresh, it tells me it loaded correctly.  I click on continue, I get the same page.  I click on validate now, I download legitcheck.hta.  I run legitcheck.hta, I get a screen with a green circle telling me not to navigate away from this page.  The page then goes blank.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:53 PM
  • I'm having the same issue.  Not a volume liscense situation.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:04 PM
  • "Alby829" wrote in message news:b4a13e95-88af-4860-8834-3d5ad63b4cb0...
    I'm having the same issue.  Not a volume liscense situation.
    Please see my 'Clock Sync Error - note to sufferers' post.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/34fa5649-1b03-4c53-8f88-e6a867697761/

--

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Well,something odd is going on.  I set the one computer back to yesterday, and it didn't even ask me to validate!  I validated anyway, and it worked.  I set the clock back, and no issues so far.

The other computer is acting very strange.  It validated, but when I did updates, told me it needed to validate again.  So I validated again, and now its installing SP3.

If this is in fact a microsoft issue, I can wait until tomorrow for it to be resolved, it is not pressing I get these systems ready today.  Tomorrow however.

Please post back to keep me up to date on any information,or a link to a thread I can follow for updated information so I know when this is resolved.  I need to clone and deploy 9 other systems, and don't really wanna have to fight to get them valid, would rather wait until microsoft is ready to go.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:25 PM
  • "Shadow Wizard1" wrote in message news:4082c089-4046-4db2-a5a2-e64f6b8b4cdd...

Well,something odd is going on.  I set the one computer back to yesterday, and it didn't even ask me to validate!  I validated anyway, and it worked.  I set the clock back, and no issues so far.

The other computer is acting very strange.  It validated, but when I did updates, told me it needed to validate again.  So I validated again, and now its installing SP3.

If this is in fact a microsoft issue, I can wait until tomorrow for it to be resolved, it is not pressing I get these systems ready today.  Tomorrow however.

Please post back to keep me up to date on any information,or a link to a thread I can follow for updated information so I know when this is resolved.  I need to clone and deploy 9 other systems, and don't really wanna have to fight to get them valid, would rather wait until microsoft is ready to go.

--

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Same problem here OEM version of XP PRO, a build of 4 machines for a customer, during validation goes to a blank webpage. in the URL I have noticed it says error... going to try it again today. all 4 machines are the same btw
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Same problem here OEM version of XP PRO, a build of 4 machines for a customer, during validation goes to a blank webpage. in the URL I have noticed it says error... going to try it again today. all 4 machines are the same btw

MS say they've fixed the problem - look here for details...

--

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:52 AM