Submitting a job with a user acount from a trusted domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have configured Windows HPC Server 2008 in my environment, but before this setup I already had a domain (PDC provided by Samba). Then I established a trust between my domain and the domain created by Windows HPC Server. Then, when I try to submit a job from a user that belongs to the previous domain, a error is raised: "Authentication failure: Logon failure: unknown user or bad password. Please check your credentials and try again".

And this error occurr only in HPC Job Manager. I can successfull log on locally and through terminal services (changing local security policies), and the user was added to HPC Cluster Users (at HPC Cluster Manager Interface). Someone could help me figuring out what more I can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:41 PM

Answers

• Can you give me your email address?  I'd like to take this offline to get some more info about your environment and try to figure this out.

Thanks,

Chris

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:05 PM

All replies

• debugging my problem I found this on event viewer, hope this could help:

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing 

[ Guid]  {54849625-5478-4994-a5ba-3e3b0328c30d} 

EventID 4625 

Version 0 

Level 0 

Task 12544 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8010000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2010-09-23T22:32:45.439Z 

EventRecordID 579044 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  588 

[ ThreadID]  3360 

Channel Security 

Computer HEADNODE.domain.com 

Security 

- EventData 

SubjectUserSid S-1-5-18 

SubjectUserName HEADNODE$ 

SubjectDomainName WINCLUSTER 

SubjectLogonId 0x3e7 

TargetUserSid S-1-0-0 

TargetUserName user 

TargetDomainName DOMAIN 

Status 0xc000006d 

FailureReason %%2313 

SubStatus 0xc000006a 

LogonType 3 

LogonProcessName Advapi  

AuthenticationPackageName Negotiate 

WorkstationName HEADNODE 

TransmittedServices - 

LmPackageName - 

KeyLength 0 

ProcessId 0xdf4 

ProcessName C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack\Bin\HpcScheduler.exe 

IpAddress - 

IpPort - 

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:46 PM
  • Hi all,

I have configured Windows HPC Server 2008 in my environment, but before this setup I already had a domain (PDC provided by Samba). Then I established a trust between my domain and the domain created by Windows HPC Server. Then, when I try to submit a job from a user that belongs to the previous domain, a error is raised: "Authentication failure: Logon failure: unknown user or bad password. Please check your credentials and try again".

And this error occurr only in HPC Job Manager. I can successfull log on locally and through terminal services (changing local security policies), and the user was added to HPC Cluster Users (at HPC Cluster Manager Interface). Someone could help me figuring out what more I can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Hi all,

Someone could help me debugging this issue? I tried to use HPC Power Sheel to see any other kind of message, but there I had the same msg: "Authentication failure: Logon failure: unknown user or bad password. Please check your credentials and try again". There are some way to increase verbosity? This user was allowed to log on locally as said in troubleshooting job, at technet website: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd729213(WS.10).aspx

Thanks in advance.

Friday, September 24, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Hi, someone could please give me a direction in how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 1, 2010 4:35 PM
  • I've forwarded this to someone on the team. It is likely to be domain config though, so no guarantees that he'll be able to point out what's wrong.
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:11 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your response Don.

During these days, I've done some tests, and see that when I submit login information at HPC Job Manager, the information is sent through net adaptor, and a reply is made (only seeing ip packets). I don't know what information inside, but there are communication between domains. And other information, the user can login locally and through terminal services on HeadNode and all workernodes of my cluster.

Hope this help.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 4:42 PM
  • Can you give me your email address?  I'd like to take this offline to get some more info about your environment and try to figure this out.

Thanks,

Chris

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:05 PM
  • Chris,

Thanks for you reply, my email address is mgomes@tpn.usp.br

Regards,

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:21 PM