Phone Number Order in MOC Client RRS feed

• Question

• After regenerating and synchronizing the Address Book, some of my contacts have more than one work number listed, as well as an "Other" number. This causes a problem. Currently, I have the ipPhone attribute mapped as the Business Telephone Number, and the telephone attribute mapped as the "Other" phone number. We do this because in AD, we put the user's internal extension number in the ipPhone field so it will show up as the default number to dial for our internal contacts.

On those contacts which have more than one work number listed, the listing displaces the ipPhone number and makes the second work number the default number to dial. In fact, the ipPhone number doesn't even appear on the list.

These additional numbers are not in AD, and really I have no idea where they are coming from. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to remove the superfluous numbers from the contacts, or if is possible to delete all current information that the ABS has on these3 contacts and then start over?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:46 PM

Answers

• This one turned out to be easy to resolve.

Turns out that the contacts whose numbers were not appearing correctly had never logged in Communicator before. So, once they actually logged in, their presence information on the server was updated. So, then I regenerated and synchronized the Address Book, deleted my GALCONTACTS.DB file, and restarted Communicator. Wala! All the numbers show up correctly now.
    • Marked as answer by Nick Marinelli Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:04 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:04 PM