none
Automatic UPDATES RRS feed

• Question

• You are the network administrator for a large distribution company in Maine. The company has three offices that are linked to one another via a T-1 leased line. Each site has a Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition system. All client computers across the organization run Windows XP Professional. Because each office has fewer than 20 employees, Internet access to each office is provided via a DSL link.

You have been tracking and installing updates to client systems manually, but the administrative burden is too great, so you want to enable Windows Update. Your manager likes the idea but is concerned that the additional burden on the relatively slow Internet links could cause problems with accessing supplier ordering systems, which happens via the Internet. He is also concerned that users’ productivity will be affected by the installation of updates. Which automatic update option addresses his concerns?

a.

Download The Updates Automatically And Notify Me When They Are Ready To Be Installed

b.

Automatically Download The Updates, And Install Them On The Schedule That I Specify

c.

Notify Me Before Downloading Any Updates And Notify Me Again Before Installing Them On My Computer

d.

Automatically Download The Updates, And Install Them When Ready

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Well Option 'C' I guess..... Because all users wont be downloading it , as it asks the user b4 download.. And As install is not automatic the USers productivity is not compromised either

Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:56 PM
  • This question has been asked by another person already
    Please come through the forum throughly and ask ur question

The answer for this is C will be good

Regards
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:02 PM
  • Option C is correct as it depends on user whether to download updates or not. OR whether to install them or not.

if you like my post then mark me as answer.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:25 PM
  • c is the correct answer
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:57 AM
  • option c is the correct answer.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 6:30 PM