Workflow creates duplicates cases RRS feed

• Question

• As all CSRs will be sending from support, all the replies hit the support queue and start the workflow.

I would like replies regarding cases to 1) not create another case 2) trigger to send an email to the case owner telling them the case has been updated.

I have a section in my case creation workflow piror to the steps that create case like so:

If E-mailTongue Tiedubject contains [Regarding (Case):Case Number], then:
    Assign: Email to Regarding (Case)Surprisewner
    Send e-mail: Create new messages       This sends to case owner to state case has been updated
    Stop workflow with status of: Canceled
    If E-mailTongue Tiedubject does not contain [Regarding (Case):Case Number], then:
    steps to create case.

The problem I have is this only sometimes works . I can not work out the why it does not sometimes match and then go on to create another case.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:00 PM

All replies

• Is there any other field you can use to filter the condition.  Maybe something other than a text field.  I am not sure that is the reason it is failing, but you could try it.  For example, let's say you put a bit field on the e-mail form, add some javascript and update that bit field when the subject contains the case number.  Then run the workflow against the bit field rather than the e-mail subject. 

You might also consider just looking for the values "cas-" in the subject if all your case numbers begins with that value.  It seems to me that it might be failing on the filter criteria you set.  I would try a different test and see if that works with better consistency.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:43 PM