CRM 2013 Services not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a rather strange issue in CRM 2013 now a days with any 2 out of 3 CRM services throwing error. It says "an error has occurred. Contact System Admin". These CRM services are Discovery,Organization and Organization data . I find it under Settings->Customisations->Developer Resources.

The 1st day when it was noticed, I restarted all the windows services and it was solved. A day later again the issue occurred. I restarted only Asynchronous and Asynchronous Maintenance service in this order and issue was resolved. 2 days later when this was reported again, I restarted only Asynchronous Maintenance and the issue was resolved. I understood that the resolution lies in this service only and not in others. All the windows services are network services. Also, there has been no change whatsoever in CRM to cause this issue.

The best part is that I know the resolution but do not know the cause. I do not know when again the CRM services will throw an error so that I have to restart the windows Async maintenance service.

Please advise.

Friday, August 28, 2015 4:35 PM

Answers

• This could be a result of your system running low on free memory.  A system reboot or restart of the async services may have freed system memory allowing the services to function again.  If I recall correctly the system needs a minimum of 5% or so of free memory for the services to operate.  If you have SQL installed on the same server, add an upper limit to the memory usage so that SQL Server does not eat up all available memory.
    • Proposed as answer by Mayank PujaraEditor Friday, September 4, 2015 1:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bachchan11 Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:18 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 6:56 AM

All replies

• This could be a result of your system running low on free memory.  A system reboot or restart of the async services may have freed system memory allowing the services to function again.  If I recall correctly the system needs a minimum of 5% or so of free memory for the services to operate.  If you have SQL installed on the same server, add an upper limit to the memory usage so that SQL Server does not eat up all available memory.
    • Proposed as answer by Mayank PujaraEditor Friday, September 4, 2015 1:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bachchan11 Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:18 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Hi CRMDynamics_Jan_J

Thanks a lot for answering.I suppose the suggested answer is correct as I could see in the event log that the available physical memory is indeed less than 5% as it is using 96% of the memory. I am in talks with the server team to resolve the issue.Once we do it and the issue is resolved , I will mark your answer as correct. Thanks again for the answer.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Hi CRMDynamics_Jan_J,

We have set the upper limit of the Sql server to 75% of the total memory. Initially the usable memory came down to 92% but now I see it has again gone to 96%. The server team suggests to increase the RAM. Is it the only option remaining now?

Monday, September 7, 2015 5:27 PM