Hide some fields from "Field Explorer" or create a new filter RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to create a customized filter on "Field Explorer"?  Right now it has only two filters: All Fields and Custom Fields.  I like to minimize the # of fields we can see when our users (including me) create a form. There are too many custom fields that we do not use and it's very annoying to see them all. I would like to avoid the situation that our users choose wrong fields or create duplicated custom fields.

Or..Is there anyway to "hide" or "deactivate" some custom fields that we do not use (but just in case we like to keep them somewhere).

I am fairly new to MS Dynamics. 

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:17 PM

Answers

• You cannot customize the Field Explorer in CRM.

If you want to avoid confusion with the unused fields then you can prefix the display name of those fields with something like 'unused field1' or 'do not use field1'. It is a good practice to delete the unnecessary custom fields so that they are not moved across environments and cause any data issues.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by TakuyaShim Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:24 PM

All replies

• You cannot customize the Field Explorer in CRM.

If you want to avoid confusion with the unused fields then you can prefix the display name of those fields with something like 'unused field1' or 'do not use field1'. It is a good practice to delete the unnecessary custom fields so that they are not moved across environments and cause any data issues.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by TakuyaShim Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Thank you for replying to my first question on this forum :)

We'll try cleaning the custom fields..

Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:34 PM
  • Glad to help! :)

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:21 PM