Create New Folder in the //Server/Users Directory - "You need permission to perform this action" RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a folder in the Users directory of my WHS, but when I try I get the notice "You need permission to perform this action" notice.  I have administrator rights on the PC and on WHS.  I added proper access rights as a user and to all folders via the WHS Console, but still receive this notice.

Can someone provide a resolution for this issue?
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 7:32 PM

Answers

• I want to create a folder in the Users directory of my WHS, but when I try I get the notice "You need permission to perform this action" notice.  I have administrator rights on the PC and on WHS.  I added proper access rights as a user and to all folders via the WHS Console, but still receive this notice.

Can someone provide a resolution for this issue?
    The only supported way to create a folder in the Users folder is to create a new user in the Console.  The permissions for the Users folder are set up such that only the server can create a folder inside there (when you create a user through the Console).  If you want to create a new "top folder", you should create a new share in the Console, then assign your permissions to that folder through the Console.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:51 PM