2 questions about CRM 2011 install ... AD and SQLServer ... RRS feed

• Question

• 1.) How to convince an AD owner, who probably isn't a big stakeholder in CRM 2011 installation / deployment, that CRM 2011 has a minimal impact on AD ... ?

2.) I've tried kicking off this install a few times.  I cancelled out of the wizard yesterday and this morning I fired up the install wizard again.  Now, towards the end, in the 'System Checks' screen of the wizard, I get the error that I don't have AD privs to create security groups within the AD OU... but I also get an error related to Microsoft SQL Server - "SQLServerAgent Error: Request to run job Backup DB When Created (from User dom\acct) refused because the job is already running from a request by User dom\acct.   Mail queued"         How do I fix this?   Do I reboot the SQLServer machine ?   Do I have to ask SQLServer DBA to clear something out .. ... ?  

Thank you

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• With regard to 1) show them the CRM Implementation guide. All CRM needs to do is create a few security groups in AD. If the AD owner still won't relent then ask them to create the required groups and then install CRM using the command line option and a config file (all explained in the Impl Guide).

2) You need writes to create objects in AD if you are running the install wizard. The SQL job error sounds like a customization of your SQL Server that automatically runs back ups for new databases. CRM doesn't create such a job. I'd speak to the SQL Server DBA about this.

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:33 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Thanks, Feridun.   I think owner is going to insist on naming the sec groups.  I will update the XML in the installation and run on command line.

I will talk to SQL Server DBA.   Thanks

Friday, September 23, 2011 5:50 PM