none
I wanted to tell that the forums were working well again. And then I saw that I could not enter text in the body again with Windows Chrome. RRS feed

• General discussion

• After long waiting and clicking I succeeded to reach this body.

Now I understand why there is so few traffic the last days.

Success
    Cor

Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:51 PM

All replies

Did you try to find any more details to refine your symptom description?  E.g. this sounds like it might be a variation of the one where in IE we see no Edit toolbar but apparently in that case we could treat it like an HTML source edit pane and then Submit that.  I only see those very sporadically.  Another possibility suggested by this description ("could not enter text in the body") would be to turn off CSS.  I don't know how you would do that using Chrome but in IE you could use View, Styles, No Style (Alt-V y N ).

FWIW for me the biggest problem that I had in the last few days was related to DNS.  I don't know what was going on but in some cases I had to resort to using nslookup's second operand to request a lookup from Google's DNS server (e.g. 8.8.8.8) and then try to work with the IP address that that returned.  I was mostly on Answers where that happened though.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:06 PM

Did you try to find any more details to refine your symptom description?  E.g. this sounds like it might be a variation of the one where in IE we see no Edit toolbar but apparently in that case we could treat it like an HTML source edit pane and then Submit that.  I only see those very sporadically.  Another possibility suggested by this description ("could not enter text in the body") would be to turn off CSS.  I don't know how you would do that using Chrome but in IE you could use View, Styles, No Style (Alt-V y N ).

FWIW for me the biggest problem that I had in the last few days was related to DNS.  I don't know what was going on but in some cases I had to resort to using nslookup's second operand to request a lookup from Google's DNS server (e.g. 8.8.8.8) and then try to work with the IP address that that returned.  I was mostly on Answers where that happened though.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Robert,

I'm just an average user, not as knowledged as you. I thought these forums were for persons like me. 

Success
    Cor

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:11 PM
  • I thought these forums were for persons like me. 

Sure but when you are describing a problem it helps to get as much detail about it as possible.  Once you have more insight on your problem's symptoms you can devise a better workaround.  I was only giving you some examples that I have seen myself and wondering if there was any analog in Chrome for my workarounds?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, June 9, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Robert,

A great part of my life I've been a developer. There is in that job almost nothing worse then to get unasked extra information then the problem description from a customer. Mostly bosses tell you then first to investigate what the customer tells, then you are busy weeks with that, while you can often solve a problem in 10 minutes.

That the bosses tell you to investigate it is not strange, they are afraid the customer becomes angry if they are not taken serious.

Therefore I don't give any more information about this kind of problems then is asked to me by the developers of these forums.

Success
    Cor

Monday, June 9, 2014 3:14 PM