Windows home server console RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of setting up an HP MediaSmart Server.  Yesterday, everything appeared to be working on the four computers connected to the network.  Today, we had a brief power outage that shut everything down for about 30 seconds (I didn't have a UPS then, but do now).  Everything re-boots ok and the lights at the bottom of the server are all blue, but when I attempt to open the Windows Home Server Console, it goes through the motions and appears to have opened, but all I see is a blank, blue screen -  the various icons for software updates, remote access setup, photo webshare setup, etc are not on the screen.  This is the case on each of the four computers.  Any ideas?  thanks! 
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:54 PM

Answers

•  I would do a factory reset using the PC restore disk. Perhaps you should also run chkdsk /f /r on each of the partitions in your system before doing the factory reset:

Logon to your server using remote desktop, then on server desktop do start, run, type cmd, hit enter, then in command shell type chkdsk X: /f /r where X is the drive letter for the partition. On your primary disk this would be C and D. 

If you have more disks please find out the correct drive letters by browsing to c:\fs\. There you will find the partitions for the secondary disks. To run chkdsk on these partitions you should do chkdsk C:\fs\X /f /r where again X is the drive letter
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:08 PM