Sync Peer to Peer RRS feed

• Question

• How you start a peer to peer only sync with the updated client software?

I right click on the folder i want to sync (without the Live Desktop) and select 'Add folder to your your Live Mesh...'.
    Click on the 'Show Synchronization Options' button in the pop-up window... but i cannot change the option to not sync to the Live Desktop.  The little arrow that is next to the other options is not there.
    • Edited by Complete_Prat Friday, July 11, 2008 11:22 PM Made clearer
    Friday, July 11, 2008 11:03 PM

Answers

• In the notifier select 'View Devices' then 'Manage Devices' then 'Live Desktop'. Once there, right click the folder you want and change the sync settings. 'Do not sync' is an option there for Live Desktop.

Convoluted, but make a little sense.
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:02 AM
  • Hi everyone,

I'm sorry about the delay in responding.  This is actually a known bug, and this thread in particular has helped it to "bubble-up" to the surface more prominently - so I want to thank all of you for posting here.  Your feedback helps us to prioritize work items, so keep it coming!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:49 PM

All replies

• In the notifier select 'View Devices' then 'Manage Devices' then 'Live Desktop'. Once there, right click the folder you want and change the sync settings. 'Do not sync' is an option there for Live Desktop.

Convoluted, but make a little sense.
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:02 AM
  • Oh.. I see,

Thanx

I guess i was expecting an option to be in the client software as it was just updated.  Ill go add a request to the wish list.
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:09 AM
  • Complete Prat said:

Oh.. I see,

Thanx

I guess i was expecting an option to be in the client software as it was just updated.  Ill go add a request to the wish list.

I was expecting that too !
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:10 AM
  • CKurt said:

Complete Prat said:

Oh.. I see,

Thanx

I was expecting that too !

Me too. This is very strange indeed. You can't even opt not to sync to live Desktop when you make a folder a new Live Mesh folder.
    http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:12 AM
  • Yeah, I found that to be a strange implementation.
    I expected to be able to do it from the client when selecting a folder on a PC to be a Live Mesh enabled folder and viewing more options to set which devices to sync that folder with.  So, only from the Live Desktop, after the folder has been created, can you disable sync with Live Desktop. Strange. I wonder why...
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:35 PM
  • Hi everyone,

I'm sorry about the delay in responding.  This is actually a known bug, and this thread in particular has helped it to "bubble-up" to the surface more prominently - so I want to thank all of you for posting here.  Your feedback helps us to prioritize work items, so keep it coming!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:49 PM
  • I'll add my 2¢ worth. It is weird. Hopefully they will add the ability to make changes from the PC's themselves. Also, I am unable to change folders that are shared with me. Of course I don't expect to be able to control if a folder someone shares with me appears on their live Desktop, but it would be nice if I control if it appears on mine. However, I would like to control weather or not they can put a folder I share on their live desktop. Give them a message something like "The administrator has prevented sharing of this folder/file on live desktop."

Steve
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:10 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ben.

Thanx for keeping us informed Ben.

Its nice to know that we're being listened to :-)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:58 PM
  • I was having the same problem figuring out the peer-to-peer only syncing. I agree that this is a strange implementation and hope they update the client so that we can make a folder peer-to-peer only from there.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:02 PM