SQL SA (sysadmin) permissions post-installation RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011

Hello,

What the ramifications of removing the SQL SA (sysadmin) permissions from the CRM service account (specified during install for all 4 CRM services) AFTER the initial installation has completed?

And same question for the CRMAdmin service account that I'm logged in as to actually install CRM?

I personally know that this is a bad idea and will break CRM (at least as far as the CRM service account is concerned), but we have clients asking for documentation from Microsoft that states why this is a no-no.

I see from previous posts that "The user used to install CRM has special priviledges that can't be transfered to another person. When installing Rollups or Hotfixes, it is suggested (highly recommended) to use the same administrator as you were using to install CRM." but that doesn't exactly answer my question.

Anyone who can shed some light on this or provide a link to a MS webpage which addresses this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by ZachSaltzman Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:03 PM added CRM version
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:03 PM