Need to give OLAP permissions to new resource RRS feed

• Question

• I have Project Server 2003 and need to give a new resource permissions to use the OLAP functions in the Analyze projects in Portfolio Analyzer. I have given her added her as a member in the same group as otheres who have OLAP access and given her administrative permissions. What am I missing?
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Regina,

Does the OLAP cube currently build/update? Wherever the OLAP Cube builds you will see the OLAP Administrators local server group. You can check what server the cube builds on by looking at the cube build settings on the Manage Enterprise Features page.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version on Analysis services are you using? If it is Analysis Services 2000 you will probably need to add the user to the OLAP Administrators group on the Analysis Services Server.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:15 PM
  • Thanks Paul,

My Server Administrator found that we do not have Analysis Services activated. Our system has been in place for years and is due an updgrade. Is there somewhere else on the server that we can look to find the OLAP Administrators group?

Thanks,

Regina

Regina
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Hi Regina,

Does the OLAP cube currently build/update? Wherever the OLAP Cube builds you will see the OLAP Administrators local server group. You can check what server the cube builds on by looking at the cube build settings on the Manage Enterprise Features page.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:44 PM