How do you Uninstall Windows Home Server... RRS feed

• Question

• Sadly the software isn't going to work for my needs and I want to uninstall it so I can properly return it, which means deactivate the license...if I just install over it, I don't think that is smart....but I can't find anywhere how to uninstall it.

thanks.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:56 PM

All replies

• On 6/24/2010 5:56 PM, mjames65 wrote:

Sadly the software isn't going to work for my needs and I want to uninstall it so I can properly return it, which means deactivate the license...if I just install over it, I don't think that is smart....but I can't find anywhere how to uninstall it.

thanks.

Hello njames65,

Unfortunately you most likely won't be able to return the software (and the license won't be able to be deactivated) as it's tied to the motherboard on your computer (if you went through the activation procedure). As for uninstalling it, get whatever data (files that you moved to the server's folders) off of the server, and then do a clean installation of whatever you plan on replacing it with.  You may have to choose "Custom Install" depending on the operating system that you'll be putting on.

****NOTE that all of the existing files and data will be erased when you install something else on.  Which is why I mentioned moving what you want to keep off first.  Even if it's on an external drive, it may get erased or corrupted, since it's considered one giant storage pool (read as one giant drive).

Hope this helps, and have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Have you updated today?
    http://update.microsoft.com

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 1:26 AM