Presence status for all users bouncing up and down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I recently installed OCS2007 and we have about 8 internal users currently using it. I've noticed an issue happening a couple of times since the install, but cant put my finger on why its happening. Basically, all logged on users are having their status bouncing up and down between available, busy and offline. All users are running Communicator 2007 and most are running it remotely in a terminal server.

This behaviour only happens occasionally, and only seems to last for a few minutes, after which time all users have their status revert to what they originally had them set to. The only entry in the event log is the following, which I think was logged about 20 minutes before I noticed the behaviour (but not necessarily before it started ...) I dont think it is relevant but have include it incase it may be.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: OCS MCU Infrastructure
    Event Category: (1022)
    Event ID: 61030
    Date:  3/09/2007
    Time:  5:11:02 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CYTRACK2S07
    Description:
    The process RtcHost(6196) did not receive a certificate from the client.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before ?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

Monday, September 3, 2007 7:48 AM

All replies

• I have also noticed that the last couple of time this happens, it seems to stop when I log back in to the terminal services server (after screen saver and screen lock have kicked in, which may be when it starts, I need to investigate this further). This is very strange behavior, as my logging back in seems to affect the status of all other users who are running communicator on the same machine.

The TS server is the machine on which the OCS server is running as an SES. I do have the communicator client running and logged in on both the TS and my local machine. Two other users who do the same do not have the status bouncing problem, it seems that the only users who have it are those who have communicator running on the TS machine only (not their local machines).

Monday, September 3, 2007 11:13 PM
  • Further info on this one - we have managed to reproduce the issue with another users account on the TS machine.

1) To create the problem, open a remote desktop connection to the terminal server.

2) Set screen saver to activate after 1 minute and enable 'on resume, password protect'

3) When the screen saver kicks in, minimise the RDC window.

It may take a minute or so for the problem to occur, and may not be as severe as I am seeing. When we reproduced it with another user account, the communicator status of all TS users was not bouncing around crazy like it was with my account, but they all became unavailable. As soon as the TS window was restored, and the password dialog was displayed to unlock the RDC session, all TS users became available again in communicator.

This happened for my account even when I was not logged in to communicator, so I think this may point to a server bug ?

Has anyone seen this behaviour before ?

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:39 PM
  • I am having a very similar problem, presence status'es are not correct. All users go offline, and then all come back online at the same time. Seems as though one user can be causing all the others to go offline, and back online. Anyone find anything out about this??

Thanks!!
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:28 PM