none
How to report incorrect answer marked as answer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There are times you could see that some answers are being marked as answer. Is it possible to add a button/hypherlink next to Reply, Quote, and Proposed Answer, or in the list of Report of Abuse that you can report that issue.

Example of that would be in following thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/7f053464-e056-46a3-b215-c1d83d1334db

I answer a question and it has been marked as answer. It has syntax error in the solution that I provided.

How is that possible that you can report some similar issues like that?  

Generally speaking I am looking a way that we can report this kind of issues. Most common issue in this area would be questioner will mark his reply to the all answers. Like they reply "Thanks everyone" and they marked their answer as correct answer.

Best Wishes, Arbi --- MCC 2011; Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• I've seen numerous cases of the last problem or another similar case when a question is answered by many people at approximately the same time, but only one response is marked. I usually try to alert some moderators to this problem so it can be corrected. Having a button to be able to alert about such issue will be nice.

I also think that this button can be used for other similar problems requiring moderator's attention such as Duplicate thread, Wrong type, Wrong forum. Currently every time I see such a thread I e-mail it to a known moderator. This obviously takes a lot of extra efforts and time. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Simply edit the code. Or even remove it if you find that important, don't let the pointing system be your lead but the persons who are using your help.

Success
    Cor
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:30 PM