WHS keeps closing down RRS feed

• Question

• I've had my WHS (Acer H340, 2 x 1Tb drives) since April and apart from never completing an automatic backup it has been OK. A few weeks ago I started getting alarms about it using more than 75% disk capacity. I started deleting backups and realised that doing so was having no effect on the indicated capacity. When I had some time to try and sort it out it packed up and would not boot so I reinstalled the system, including reformatting the drives. Fortunately I still have the data that I was backing up to the server.

Now I have a newly reinstalled server, fully updated, but it does not behave as it should. It does not power up when I power up my PC. If I switch it on it closes down without warning after about 10 minutes, although it did stay up for long enough to copy my data over, dsik capacity now about 75% free.  

I think that this must be a configuration issue but does anyone have any idea where I might start?

Thanks.

Monday, September 27, 2010 7:20 PM

Answers

• Have you contacted Acer for support?
    Previously I haven't found that a productive avenue. However, I decided to remove the add-ins and the server's stayed up since I removed Lights Out. Must have been something about the config but I couldn't see what. I'll try putting it back and see what happens. Perhaps the automatic backup will run properly now.
    • Marked as answer by Narrowgauge Monday, September 27, 2010 10:29 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:29 PM

All replies

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Narrowgauge Monday, September 27, 2010 10:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Narrowgauge Monday, September 27, 2010 10:24 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:07 PM
    Previously I haven't found that a productive avenue. However, I decided to remove the add-ins and the server's stayed up since I removed Lights Out. Must have been something about the config but I couldn't see what. I'll try putting it back and see what happens. Perhaps the automatic backup will run properly now.
    • Marked as answer by Narrowgauge Monday, September 27, 2010 10:29 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:29 PM