none
Certification ID and Certification Number RRS feed

• Question

• what is Microsoft certification Number? and what is the difference between Microsoft certification ID and certification Number? 
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:07 PM

Answers

• My apologies. I didn't realize you were referring to your transcript.

Certification Number – This is like a serial number, uniquely identifying each certification you earn. It’s not your MCP ID—that’s your personal identifier—and it’s not the same thing as an exam number either. Someone else who earns the exact same certification will still have their own unique certification number—no two certification numbers are alike. (In case you’re wondering, certification numbers will be randomly generated—there’s no rhyme or reason to the numbers assigned). We’re adding this field because it’s required for our ISO 17024 certification (yes, even certification programs can be certified themselves!), but the cool thing about it is that it gives us the potential to modify our transcript sharing tool down the line so that you can enable people to verify an individual certification without sharing your entire transcript (but that’s in the future).

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2011/03/23/transcript-and-certificate-changes-coming-soon.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:56 AM

All replies

• Nothing.  They are the same thing.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:51 AM
  • while going through my Transcript I find two things... one is My certification ID mentioned at top.. and others are certification no. mentioned separately for each and every certification i pursued.. 

I know that certification ID is unique ID in Microsoft certification Database..

But I am a bit confused about the Certification Nos., whether they are unique Identification values for every certification i pursued or is it a common value for every one who clears that particular certification..

like my certification no. are:-

D719-9814

C767-1034 C767-1031

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:31 AM
  • My apologies. I didn't realize you were referring to your transcript.

Certification Number – This is like a serial number, uniquely identifying each certification you earn. It’s not your MCP ID—that’s your personal identifier—and it’s not the same thing as an exam number either. Someone else who earns the exact same certification will still have their own unique certification number—no two certification numbers are alike. (In case you’re wondering, certification numbers will be randomly generated—there’s no rhyme or reason to the numbers assigned). We’re adding this field because it’s required for our ISO 17024 certification (yes, even certification programs can be certified themselves!), but the cool thing about it is that it gives us the potential to modify our transcript sharing tool down the line so that you can enable people to verify an individual certification without sharing your entire transcript (but that’s in the future).

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2011/03/23/transcript-and-certificate-changes-coming-soon.aspx

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:56 AM
  • you meant you say that certification no. (C767-1034) is something unique to the certification I own... Is it so?

Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:31 AM