Home Serve will not start install from Boot RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download the 120 day free trial of Home Serve from Microsoft.  I have downloaded twice and burn to DVD with Nero, both copies will not install from boot.  I have checked the CR32 Checksum and the value of this is: 4ee769e3, according to microsoft this is correct.  I have also ensured that the BIOS is up to date, changing the boot drive sequence and tried running on two seperate PC's none of which is working.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:16 AM

All replies

• I am trying to download the 120 day free trial of Home Serve from Microsoft.  I have downloaded twice and burn to DVD with Nero, both copies will not install from boot.  I have checked the CR32 Checksum and the value of this is: 4ee769e3, according to microsoft this is correct.  I have also ensured that the BIOS is up to date, changing the boot drive sequence and tried running on two seperate PC's none of which is working.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

What happens when you try to boot from the DVD?  What error message do you get (if any)?
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:56 PM
  • When you burn the .iso file to your DVD, are you simply placing it on the disk (so that you see a file named something like Windows Home Server DVD.iso in the root of the disk), or are you using Nero to create a bootable disk from the .iso file?

If you're not sure how to properly burn a .iso file to disk using Nero, you can consult Nero's documentation or contact their support.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:27 PM