limited User CAL for CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• You cannot vote on your own post

Hi

I need to understand if the limited user CAL will allow the user to create an opportunity within the system. Second if a limited CAL  user creates an account  and then the ownership is transfered to another limited user CAL . Can the new owner delete the account?

Let me know if you have any references I should be looking at to find this kind of detail .The Licensing guide from May 2011 doesnt make mention of opportunities so i am a little concerned

Thanks, 

Randy 

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:47 PM

All replies

• From the description it appears the limited call will give the user the rights to read but not create opportunities.

On your second question yes, the new owner would be able to delete the account assuming they had rights to delete records they owned.

Here is a youtube video on licensing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w35MHF2un6o

Overview

Should a user require access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM supplied clients (Outlook/Web/Mobile)  to perform basic access and right capabilities to CRM information, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Limited Client license can be leveraged for limited use scenarios for organizational employees.   Users who hold this access license will be able to create, read, and update data assigned to their user profile though native Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients,  and also receive privileges for assignment, sharing, deletion, append, and append to records created by that same user profile.   For broader system access,  this user profile will maintain read-only capabilities for data assigned to this user  - as well as to information stored across the entire CRM application.

Can perform the following

Provides all access rights supplied with Limited API access mode.
    Adds ability to access Microsoft Dynamics CRM through supplied client interfaces.
    Adds record privileges for Assign, Share, Delete, Append, Append To for records owned by the user
    Adds read-only access for full system entities – such as Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices,  Competitors, Contracts,  Reports, etc

Jerry, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
    CRM Innovation
    Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing?
    Follow me on Twitter

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"
    Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter
    Friday, November 11, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Hi,

Can users with Limited CAL create campaigns and campaign activities. The P&L sheet talks about activities in general and enlists that L-CAL users hace Read, write access on actvities so i am assuming that this would apply to Campaigns as well but i just want to make sure that is the case. Can you help?

-Tayyab

Monday, November 21, 2011 11:20 PM