Problems installing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have tried installing Home Server Beta 2 on two machines. The first one was my own home built computer with some drivers lacking. Among them, the network driver. I ran in to the same problem as described below, the first time I tried to install the home server. The second time, I had no problems getting it installed at all.

The second computer was one that I have borrowed from work, a Dell Optiplex GX620. It fails on Copying Installation Files:

"An error occurred copying file IMJPST.DI_to C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\lang\IMJPST.DI_.

The driver cannot find the sector requested."

It simply stops copying files, skipping the transfer of this one file will bring up another one to skip, and another one...

I've tried installing it 4 times on this Dell machine. Problem appears from the same file and onwards.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:39 PM

All replies

• Frank, you should work through all of the troubleshooting steps on the download page, if you haven't already done so. The error you report sounds like a bad DVD to me.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:27 PM
  • Frank,

Are you installing Beta2 or CTP? I think you would CTP more stable. I had a number of errors with the Beta 2 build but none with CTP. I have installed CTP twice.

I also found a noticable improvment by picking up a different board off ebay.

Are you using a really old machine? Your setup or your HDD might be causing some of the errors as well.

One other thought, you might want to wait until RC1 comes out. Should be here any day ....

Good luck!

Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:20 AM
  • Hi,
    I'd like to echo Steve L
    Beta2 was buggy on install, but the CTP release was flawless for me. At this time I recomend the RC1. It has been just as stable as CTP, so you might just skip CTP and go directly to the RC1.
    And from your error message you definitely have a bad CD. If you get the same error again you might want to redownload the ISO and burn a new CD. Also do a hash check on your download.
    Jimi
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:16 AM
  • Hi Frank

I also had the error

"An error occurred copying file IMJPST.DI_to C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\lang\IMJPST.DI_.

The driver cannot find the sector requested."

I downloaded and burnt again, this time no problems.

Cheers

Simon

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:36 PM