none
Report Guowen Su RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Yes, this is a bit frustrating.  My friend's top submission has a good number of downloads, no ratings.  Guowen Su gave it 3 stars, asking "what does this do" about a function that parses netstat output.  In another review 5 minutes later, he asks the scripting guy 'what about netstat'.

He is clearly spamming to inflate his points, and it is impacting other users of TechNet.

Monday, September 23, 2013 12:15 PM
  • A similar thread about the same person posted here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/94cb3625-9c9d-4b08-9f1c-38bd28a432e6/abusive-language-used-by-members?forum=suggest

I also note on the person's profile that they posted a contribution in the TechNet Gallery 5 days ago and it immediately got six 5-star ratings. The contribution itself is a pdf, which I did not download, but seems to not be code (from the title "Microsoft Licensing Changes.pdf").

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone with more helpful votes than answers, or with so many 4+ ratings in the Gallery.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 14, 2013 3:59 PM
  • This person also started a thread in the TechNet website feedback forum to complain that points hadn't appeared for his Gallery contribution:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7297cabb-f585-479e-a404-0b0fd428ab3f/technet-profile-point-systems-failed-to-update?forum=tnfeedback

As for someone having more helpful votes than answers, I'm one of those people. This happened in my case because of the voting threads after the redesign and the threads complaining about the retirement of TechNet. The number 4+ star ratings on so few gallery entries/downloads does seem strange to me.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,110+ strong and growing)

Monday, October 14, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Mike, your situation is understandable (the popular voting threads), but even your ratio of helpful to answers is not as high as this one.

Many of the contributions by this user in the Gallery seem to be pdf's. Another (with 24 5-star ratings since Sept 30) documents steps to connect to Azure AD with O365. This might be useful information (I hesitate to download them as it will increase the already large number of downloads), but is it appropriate for the gallery? I cannot find guidelines, but I always thought it should be code.

Monday, October 14, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Yes, this is a bit frustrating.  My friend's top submission has a good number of downloads, no ratings.  Guowen Su gave it 3 stars, asking "what does this do" about a function that parses netstat output.  In another review 5 minutes later, he asks the scripting guy 'what about netstat'.

He is clearly spamming to inflate his points, and it is impacting other users of TechNet.

But asking questions doesn't change points.

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:40 PM
    Owner
  • Guowen was banned. I believe the team did some research first to make sure before they followed through on it.

Thanks,

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:55 PM
    Owner
  • This user is back.

Just saw active profile, and updating.

Not sure what's happening here.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:12 PM
  • This user is back.

Just saw active profile, and updating.

Not sure what's happening here.

He's definitely gaming the gallery.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,225+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Oh

Really playing.

Disappointing to see this again.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Ed,

He's back, and playing with galleries.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:43 PM
  • The profile came back. I actually made a copy of the profile activities (similar to what Mike posted above). I counted 71 5-star ratings in one week for this users gallery postings. 15 of these were on one contribution which is a pdf file, not code. However, last time I checked the profile activity tab was empty. I think the user is banned again.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Lets see if he turns back again. ;)

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:50 AM