virus-trojan horse infection, crashing computer, blocked security related websites... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, my computer is virus infected, and causes my computer to boot up very slowly, but most importantly it continues to crash - the screen freezes completely so that I cannot do anything anymore, and only removing the battery and restarting it makes it functional again. 

I cannot get rid of this virus. It increasingly blocks all internet sites involved with internet security (this page cannot be displayed; other websites are accessable) - and if one works the first time to download one, it blocks it for all subsequent downloads and updates. Thus avg, avira antivir, superantispyware, malwarebytes and now ms onecare.live websites are blocked. Moreover, when I tried to run scans (with the avira antivir and onecare.live after their first downloads, the programs locate some 8 dangerous items - trojan horse TR/Rootkit.Gen TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen, system32/dtsnrsr.dll includes Backdoorprogram BDS/TDSS, trojan horse TR/Agent.439, system32/tdssripsq.dll includes Backdoorprogram BDS/TDSS and some more....), both the onecare.live and the avira antivir ended up quiting mid-scan and my computer froze totally, so that only taking out my battery could restore functionality.

I also cannot run the defragmentation program and cannot download windows service pack3 or any updates.

I have an windows xp professional system.

Thank you for your assistance...

Manny
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:10 AM

All replies