none
Upgrade .Net 4.0 project to run on IE-11

Question

• I am working on a .Net 4.0 project, which is developed to support IE-8 presently. We are looking to upgrade the application to run on IE-11. I would like to know what points should I keep in mind?

1. There are a lot of controls which do not display correctly in IE11. These could be identified.

2. Is there any tutorial or documentation available online which could guide me through the entire process?

3. What are the best practices which need to be kept in mind?

4. I am not looking to upgrade the application to .Net 4.5 as of now. Can the IE-upgradation be achieved without upgrading the .Net version?

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Some members provided some suggestions for you in another thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e11f4ac4-47d0-49c8-970d-b77aa9310742/upgrade-net-40-project-to-run-on-ie11?forum=csharpgeneral

If you are still not very clear, we recommend consulting your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net  if your project is asp.net application.

If your project is not asp.net application, please describe your project's type and some details on .net project supporting IE, we will check whether other forums support your issue.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 6:54 AM
  • I am using AjaxPro and ActiveX in my code. I guess the problem may be due to this. Any suggestions how to handle this?

PJ

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Hi PJ3008,

Sorry that my reply did not help you. Actually your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage issue of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor. We recommend that you consult your issue on the development forum based on the type of your .Net application.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 2:10 AM
  • Hello,

Is this not an ASP.net project?

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:54 PM