none
Setting up backup to network drive is asking for user ID / password but there isn't one. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up 5 individual pc's to backup to 1 computer that has a 6tb storage drive on it (Q: drive) All are in a HOMEGROUP. All are seen on the network, I have gone to each PC, mapped the drive, setup the sharing with no password protection, i can access the drive, read/write to the drive from each PC in explore but when i try to setup the backup on each one it ask to locate it but when i try to create the backup its asking for USER ID / PASSWORD. None of the computers have a password nor a user ID. When i go into manage credentials i can see each PC and their user ID and the password has 8 asterisk characters. I have tried to edit with no hope as there is a previous backup created that went to an XP machine that has died which this new one is replacing. But even if i try to create a new one its wanting those credentials. I have found some other forums with the issue but the result was "Guest/Guest" and that didn't work, i am stumped, any help would be great.

4 PC's are running Windows 7 Prof. as well as the new PC with the Q: drive

1 PC running Windows 10, 

Like i mentioned, can read/write from each PC to the Q: drive. USER ID / PASSWORD required for the backup to it.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, January 12, 2018 3:44 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:25 PM

Answers