Changing a closed opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning all,

I have searched the forum and just can't seem to find the answer to my question so here it is.  I created a new tab on the oppotunity form, that all works fine but the issue that has come up is that we need to be able to change some informtion on that tab AFTER the opportunity is closed.  My question then would be:  is it possible to have that tab available for changes after the opportunity closes?  If so, how would I accomplish that?

Thanks in Advance for your answers,

Di-

Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:34 PM

Answers

• create a custom page add those fields on that page and a save button. when user press the save button, the custom code change the status of the opportunity, save the changes and change the status of the record again. Put the custom page in crm using iframe and  use javascript to hide and show the iframe wheopen the n you needed.

or

The simplest solution is just reopen the opportunity from the action menu, make the changes and close it again.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Friday, November 12, 2010 12:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, November 12, 2010 5:03 PM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:51 PM

All replies

• create a custom page add those fields on that page and a save button. when user press the save button, the custom code change the status of the opportunity, save the changes and change the status of the record again. Put the custom page in crm using iframe and  use javascript to hide and show the iframe wheopen the n you needed.

or

The simplest solution is just reopen the opportunity from the action menu, make the changes and close it again.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Friday, November 12, 2010 12:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, November 12, 2010 5:03 PM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:51 PM
  • Too add to that you could set an audit ability so you can see have a history over the changes that have been made, when and by whom.

There is an Audit Accelerator for 4.0 that is standard in 5.0

Patrick

Friday, November 12, 2010 9:56 AM