ANTIVIRUS 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• MY COMPUTER IS RECEIVING A MESSAGE REGARDING ANTIVIRUS 2009. IS THIS A FAKE ALERT? IT IS SHOWN AS RUNNING ON MY SYSTEM AND IS CONTINUALLY ALERTING ME TO DOWNLOAD (BUY) FULL VERSION IMMEDIATELY!! COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRULY A MICROSOFT PROGRAM, AND IF NOT HOW TO GET RID OF IT?

Saturday, October 11, 2008 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Lotus24,

Antivirus 2009 is not affiliated with Microsoft. It is actually a rogue security application or a misleading application. What it will do is tell you that you have spyware or viruses on your computer that may not even be there.

This forum is for help with Windows Live OneCare. If your OneCare didn't detect the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal. However, if you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic in this forum since this is not a general forum for virus help.

For help with virus and spyware infections, you can call 866-727-2338. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. 

Good luck!

Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Lotus24,

Antivirus 2009 is not affiliated with Microsoft. It is actually a rogue security application or a misleading application. What it will do is tell you that you have spyware or viruses on your computer that may not even be there.

This forum is for help with Windows Live OneCare. If your OneCare didn't detect the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal. However, if you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic in this forum since this is not a general forum for virus help.

For help with virus and spyware infections, you can call 866-727-2338. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. 

Good luck!

Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:58 AM
  • Although the background information is useful, use of a dropped affiliate link has been reported (affiliates get paid for the people they send to other sites).  Please review the Terms of Use, specifically in regard to non-commercial forum use. 

Blocked: www.anrdoezrs.net

Sunday, October 12, 2008 7:12 AM
  • I am so glad I am not the only one!!! I have that *** also and its a pain. I cannot get rid of it....I am not buying it either. Dont want it. I am going to bring my laptop to best buy to see what they can do. I have no answers for you lotus24, but if the "geek team" can fix it I will let you know....good luck.

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:12 PM
  •  metek682 wrote:

I am so glad I am not the only one!!! I have that *** also and its a pain. I cannot get rid of it....I am not buying it either. Dont want it. I am going to bring my laptop to best buy to see what they can do. I have no answers for you lotus24, but if the "geek team" can fix it I will let you know....good luck.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections (free, as opposed to paying to have someone take care of it). See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:20 PM