How many tab fields are supported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

does anyone know how many add-ins / tabs fields are supported within the whs console?

Thanks,

Christoph

Monday, July 2, 2007 7:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• There doesn't seem to be any hard limits in the documentation so you are just limited by the amount of memory that can be allocated.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 9:49 PM
  • Right .. but I can only see 3 or 4 .. if there are more installed, I can't see them.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 8:43 PM
  • I had asked if someone could create add-in manager tab that would solve this issue, nothing yet...

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1622174&SiteID=50

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 11:49 PM
  • There is talk about this somewhere in the fora;

It was said then, that when more Tabs are created than the available space allows, then scroll arrows will automatically show.

I don't know if that's so, maybe someone who has more than the basic sets could comment.

Colin

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 4:50 PM
  • Upto 6 tabs would show up normally on the console. If any more tabs are added, two scroll buttons appear on the left and right of the tabs, which would let you scroll through the tabs left and right (a film-strip kind of view). See a snapshot: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=717790362&size=o
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 5:33 PM
  • It would be great if at some point in the future you could re-arrange them in the same way as IE7 tabs, allowing ones that are not used all that often to be "hidden"

Gordon

Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:50 PM
  • Info on changing the Tab order is in the SDK here:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb425865.aspx

Friday, July 6, 2007 5:43 PM
  • Drag and drop tabs would be nice. Or a page in the settings to reorder them.
    Friday, July 6, 2007 5:58 PM
  • As per the current approach, the first tab is reserved for OEM Add-Ins, the next set for the Microsoft tabs, and the last set for 3rd party Add-Ins. When an Add-In is created, the tab order can be specified. If more than one Add-Ins have the same tab order, they'll be displayed alphabetically.

Ability to customize the tab order as the user wants is a nice suggestion. We'll look at it for the next release.

Thank you.

Friday, July 6, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Dileep K,

I have to ask, after looking at the photo you posted on flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=717790362&size=o, what are the additional add-ins shown?  YOu have a tab for "External Copy" and "Remote Access Page".  Are these add-ins currently available to the general public or are these add-ins you are working on?

thanks

Randy

Friday, July 6, 2007 9:07 PM
  • Oh, that's something that I have at home - one for changing the images on the remote access page (I wanted to have my family photo instead of the default pictute at <user>.livenode.com>. Need to polish it though to crop images to the right size.

The other one just copies some shared folders over to an external drive attached to WHS (I use it frequently since I redo my WHS quite oftem with internal builds) .

Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:51 AM
  •  

Dileep K

your 2 add in seems very usefull.

Are you allowed to share them??/??

I use SYNC TOY to copy data from my share to an external drive  but having this being managed by WHS seem a very good tool to have.

And there are threads with instructions on editing the images for the remote acces pages and managing this from the console will also be very helpful.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 11:09 AM
  • Hi Rouza,

The add-ins are still half baked and needs some work. As soon as it is 'publish-able' I'll post a link here.

Thanks.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:41 PM
  • We like "half-baked"

we might be able to suggest some additiional ingredients or suggest the correct temp for "baking"

Sunday, July 8, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Hi Dileep K

Yes, we would love a copy of your 2 add-in's.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:00 AM
  • I would like both of them too.

I posted a "How Too" on how to change the main WHS page pick back in Beta 2.  I'd like to see an add-in that makes that a little easier. Especially for the "every day" WHS crowd that does not know how to edit with Photoshop and .aspx files....Does not add functionality to WHS, but makes it more personal.

Hope you guys can track him down for the add-in
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 1:52 AM
  • ME TO.

ME TO.

Anyway Dileep K was listed as a member of the WHS team  I am sure he can be found.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 6:11 AM