Forum Software RRS feed

• General discussion

• Alright, many of the features of this forum's software may look tempting to developers and marketing. Most of them are available with other software, too, some aren't very helpful [unless you just like to be "cool", saying that you aren't]. None of them need the implementation through the forumsoftware used.

The forum sucks.

It does not conform to standards, gives me all kinds of troubles using my preferred browser, Opera, has a lay-out that is not user-friendly. When composing a post I get Javascript errors; I have to log in several times, reload several times until I am able to create a message although I am actually shown as signed in from the start. For what?

Apart from ego there is no reason to not use a proven forum software.

The only reason I tried this Web forum this week is that I found the newsgroup and this forum being completely out of sync. I am not the least beat interested in cool new features, I wnat a working solution, tested and tried, not closing out users just because they do not wnat to use Internet Explorer.

Dierk Haasis
    [DH² Publishing]
    Writing and Imaging

Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Breeze DownloaderPro, Capture NX2, xMedia2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
    • Moved by dsayed Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:21 PM Moved to appropriate forum
    • Moved by Lori Dirks Monday, June 30, 2008 2:22 PM The Forums software team monitors the Forums Feedback forum closely.
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:32 AM

All replies

• I moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

I am currently writing this message on a Mac in Safari. It also works for me in Firefox 3. Having said that, the forum administrators are aware of various forum issues including incorrect rendering in some browsers (some of which is sporadic and hence difficult to debug). The people who built the forum are not going out of their way to make it difficult for people to access the forum since that would defeat its purpose, so we can expect improvements over time.
    However, this is a more appropriate place to give feedback on the site than in the Expression Media discussion.
    • Edited by dsayed Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:28 PM edit
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Thanks for your frank feedback on the forums, Dierk.

I've moved your thread so the Forums software folks will be more likely to see it.

Lori Dirks
    Expression Community Site Manager
    Monday, June 30, 2008 2:27 PM