none
A simple suggestion RRS feed

• General discussion

• As we are asked to give suggestions about the new forums' appearance, it would be very helpful if someone would explain step-by-step what the reasons to change that and that were. Knowing those details would be immensely valuable to make own suggestions how some - apparently mistaken - parts of the old design could be improved. You can't get a useful response if you only challenge the users with a new - as of now, very disturbing and intransparent - UX which fails to show what the hoped/desirable/needed improvements would be. Tell us more about your thoughts, and maybe we can find a way out of the current mess (I beg your pardon).

Understanding Windows is like understanding women.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:23 PM

All replies

• MS has really lost their way with this Metro thing.  And they're being obstinate about it.  Relentless.

Exactly.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:18 AM
  • Let's come back to the point. If no one is able (or willing) to tell us the reasons behind the recent changes, it's extremely difficult to make suggestions for further improvements. Without any senseful input, my only suggestion would be to revert all to the state before the changes. Maybe that doesn't address many usability hindrances (I don't know them, and nobody seems in the mood to explaint that) but it would certainly be more honest and cooperative than impose new standards which most of the forums' users just can't understand.

Understanding Windows is like understanding women.

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:58 PM