Office Calidation Issues with Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I purchased a copy of Office POrofessional 2007 about 3 months ago and installed it on my IBM thinkPad Model T41P on Windows XP.

Recently the T41P died and I have bought a new Lenovo T61P. The T61P has Office 2007 pre installed and only requires activation with a valid Product Key. I am trying to validated it using the Product Key from the Office 2007 Professional I purchased 3 months ago and I am being told that the product key is invalid.

As the old T41P has died, I cannout uninstal Office 2007 Professional.

I don't understand why the Product Key is invalid and will not work. The Product Key worked fine when I originally installed it on the T41P on Windows XP.

How do I resolve this issue?

I am happy to provide the Product Key in a return email or discuss the phone if that will help. Email is PII or pPhone number is PII

Regards John

• Edited by RickImAPC Monday, September 8, 2008 6:04 PM PII - Personally Identifiable Information
    Monday, September 8, 2008 4:34 AM

Answers

• John Parrent,

I do have a couple of things we can try. However, I want to give you something simple to try first. Uninstall complete whatever "Trial" version cam with your new system. Then do a fresh install of Office on your new system. If it says it's already activated, you may need to try telephone activation for your retail copy.

Rick, MS
    • Marked as answer by RickImAPC Monday, September 8, 2008 6:06 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2008 6:06 PM