Auto Send Invoice RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2013

I have a SSIS workflow that generates invoices into CRM. Im looking for help and advice on how to auto email those invoices direct to the customer once created. Would this be better done in the SSIS workflow or is there any documentation on achieving this through a CRM workflow. Manually generating pdf's for each invoice and emailing them is not an option as around 500 invoices are generated at a time

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if you are interested in 3rd party products you could take a look into our DocumentsCorePack. It gives you the possibility to generate the invoice pdf in a workflow and automatically send this pdf to the customer per email.

If you are interested, please contact me.

br,

Christian Ternek, www.mscrm-addons.com
    follow us twitter.com/mscrmaddons

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:54 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:51 PM

All replies

• In what format are the invoices ? Is it structured data in CRM, from which you generate pdfs ? If so, how do you generate the pdfs ?

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 2:05 PM
  • Currently once the invoice has been created in CRM, users have to run a report within CRM to generate the invoice report , then save it as a pdf and manually attach it to an email to send to the customer. I am looking at automating this process as it is very time consuming.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

if you are interested in 3rd party products you could take a look into our DocumentsCorePack. It gives you the possibility to generate the invoice pdf in a workflow and automatically send this pdf to the customer per email.

If you are interested, please contact me.

br,

Christian Ternek, www.mscrm-addons.com
    follow us twitter.com/mscrmaddons

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:54 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:51 PM
  • HI,

Thank you for your response. I have had a re-think of the whole procedure. The bulk of the invoices are generated outside of CRM and then imported in, so I have now written a SSIS workflow that generates the pdf files and emails them as part of the invoice generation operation.

I will keep you in mind for future as we will have the need to auto send documents direct from CRM 

Thanks again   

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:54 PM