HHCTRL.ocx RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an error with my XP that's showing that this file HHCTRL.ocx  has accessed an address normally reserved for some other Microsoft function.  It started happening after I installed an update from Windows.  now I don't know what to do with this error
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 10:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Same thing happened
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 4:18 PM
  • I searched technet and found the following articles

- KB925902 which referenced the hotfix for KB935448

This should solve the issue if you have a Realtek audio card.

*** Edited to include link to fix ***

The solution can be downloaded here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=74AD4188-3131-429C-8FCB-F7B3B0FD3D86&displaylang=en

Click on the download button

- select Run and it will install on your computer.

Regards,

Craig C.   MCSA, MCP, Server+, A+

Thursday, April 5, 2007 4:29 PM
  • I also did the same thing amnd all is ok

Here was the link i found with full details and link to hotfix

http://www.squ1.com/node/1824

Thursday, April 5, 2007 4:40 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks !

KB935448  fixed the problem that was descibed by Krynnite

in this post also for me .

my motherboard is also equiped with a Realtek audio card on-board.

Thanks

ab

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:36 PM
  • was having the same problem,  blamed the wife for downloading some stupid program, but iguess it wasn't her, just good old microsoft !!!! thanks for the 411 guys but now i got to go an appolagize....

Friday, April 6, 2007 1:10 AM
  • Same thing is happening to me. Not sure what to do
    Friday, April 6, 2007 2:01 AM
  • I have the same problem. How to fix it?
    Friday, April 6, 2007 7:42 AM
  • Thanks, Craig!

KB935448 fixed the problem that was descibed by Krynnite in this post also for me.

My motherboard equiped with a Realtek audio card.

Friday, April 6, 2007 8:12 AM
  • As it says in post download KB935448....worked a treat thanks a lot.....If not sure how to find the fix go on GOOGLE and search for KB935448...select download result
    Friday, April 6, 2007 8:16 AM
  • Boy...I was really getting worked up on this issue with my new media center PC. I was going crazy trying to figure out everything I changed and trying to uninstall them including latest iTunes updates ...thanks to the suggestion this fix solved it.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 9:07 AM
  • Thank you.  Solved the problem immediately.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 10:49 AM
  • Thanks Craig, KB935448 worked great, that error message had been driving me NUTS!!!. Last week I added a new graphics card and another GB of ram and i thought I'd messed things up.I'm printing out a sign to hang on the wall over my computer.

....PROBLEM?..ALWAYS BLAME MICROSOFT!, then check on Google...

Friday, April 6, 2007 11:54 AM
  • Dear users,

the solution of the error " HHCTRL.OCX" after updating is  to restore the computer with the last day restoring point in XP  then after  the error will remove. This is a temp solution  Inshallah as the permanent solution i findout then i'l tell you.

Regards,

NTL

Friday, April 6, 2007 12:07 PM
  • Thanks - the reference was good but the link wasn't -I was told "wrong language"
    Friday, April 6, 2007 1:52 PM
  • Great - problem solved - thanks.  I also have a Realtek sound card
    Friday, April 6, 2007 1:57 PM
  • Thanks a lot, this type of error messages is annoying since you wonder what went wrong.

The HotFix indicated cleared the message.

Using Google seems to be a good way to find out about such problems.

Regards,

bm_lorraine

• By doing the restore, will only delay the fix of the problem and it will take longer than just installing the update.

- click on the link here and you can solve the problem rather than experience the same issue again.

- The issue was with a Windows update security fix.  So if you are set to automatically update you will keep experiencing the issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=74AD4188-3131-429C-8FCB-F7B3B0FD3D86&displaylang=en

Regards,

Craig C.   MCSA, MCP, Server+, A+

• I have this problem after I installed some update for MS Windows XP Home Edition. I think it's the same error with Krynnite's one.

Here is error msg:

"Illegal System DLL Relocation:

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\system32\hhctrl.ocx occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

Someone, please help me to sort this out.

Thanks.

Friday, April 6, 2007 3:05 PM
  • Yes, that is the exact error message this fix was designed for.

Regards,

Craig

Friday, April 6, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Thanks buddy. I got the same error message, and was wondering if my family memebers did something stupid which caused the error. I searched on google, found the thread, and downloaded the hotfix. Now it should work.! Thanks.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Many thanks for the solution to the problem that has had me re-installing W XP home amongst other attempted solutions. I thought in the end that I had a memory fault.

My Realtek audio "card" (on the Motherboard) has never worked anyway, but short of taking a hammer to the thing I can't think how to be rid of it or make it work!

Of course there may be a driver somewhere ...

HenryC

Friday, April 6, 2007 5:42 PM
  • I had the same message as you but found that the hotfix needs to be in the same language as the operating system.  You can select the language before downloading.  Mine then worked fine.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 6:48 PM
  • I had the same error as Krynnite this morining,

Like everyone else I had no idea what the hell was going on this morning when I booted up and got this error message.

Although eveything seemed to be working OK, it was annoying.

A simple google search on HHCTRL.OCX lead to this thread, and Craigs link for the hotfix worked like a charm.

After reading about this I believe my error was caused trying to access help in a win 95 game I was playing on my laptop

in  backward compatability mode.

Thanks for posting the link for the hotfix.

Regards

Highett

Friday, April 6, 2007 11:02 PM
  • craig

Just wanted so say thanks for this post.. I downloaded this update and it fixed my problem...

you saved me a lot of trouble

Saturday, April 7, 2007 12:38 AM
  • Thanks for the help & link. It worked fine.
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 2:50 AM
  • Thanks a lot i got the message every time i log on to my computer and i was in a desperate condition to find a cure for it because it told me that some programe will not work properlly and when i saw your helpi tried it and it cured the thing, there is no more message poping out everytime i log on anymore....just wanna say a big thank you.

THANK YOU
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:57 AM
  • Hi

I get the message, that the language on my pc is different from the update language. How do I change the language?

Peter

Saturday, April 7, 2007 9:54 AM
  • Hi Craig,

Thanks for posting this.  This solved my problem.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 10:05 AM
  • Many thanks, Craig -

applied the solution you recommended - problem solved!

peter d.

wales, UK

Saturday, April 7, 2007 11:38 AM
  • Thanks Craig!

This fix worked perfectly.  All is back to normal.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:15 PM
  •  Krynnite wrote:
    I'm getting an error with my XP that's showing that this file HHCTRL.ocx  has accessed an address normally reserved for some other Microsoft function.  It started happening after I installed an update from Windows.  now I don't know what to do with this error
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 6:59 PM
  • Thanks Craig.  I knew it was a microsoft update thing as the error message appeared right after that ran, but your link saved me loads of angst trying to put it right!

Much appreciated.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 6:23 PM
  • The message ( RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation) I got is:

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

What do you make of this?

Sunday, April 8, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Just a quick thank you Craig for saving me some time. The link seems like its work for me.

I know in future if something goes wrong look on google first.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 8:37 PM
  • I hade the same the message " RTHDCPL.EXE-Illegal System DLL Relocation" as you have.  Following the link and suggestion from Craig and you will be OK.

Many thanks to Craig for finding the fix.  He has saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Monday, April 9, 2007 4:26 PM
  • i have the same error after having updated my window

i cannot open fantom cd

i will do formating 00000

Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:16 AM
  • Hi Craig -

Great results - thank you!

Quick question - my mom is having the same problem with the HHCTRL.ocx - but she is unable to even access the internet now (it is extremely slow and usually hangs).  Can't open a problem currently - it would appear that she has a virus but she has Norton - is there a way to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall or perhaps you have another recommendation?

Perhaps you can provide some assistance....?

Thanks in advance,

(debraf99@yahoo.com.donotspam)

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:39 AM
  • Thanks a lot "Craig". This is fix my problem...
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 11:15 PM
  • Thank you very helpfull, plain simple, instructions

Bro. Christian

Friday, May 25, 2007 12:19 AM
  • Thanks Craig!!!!  Google search found this forum and your post fixed my problem!!!
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:55 AM
  • Thanks Craig!!!  Google serach found this forum and your post fixed my problem !!!  You are a wizard.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:57 AM
  • Hey Craig. Thanks for the help. I installed this fix and the problem was gone. Until 3 minutes later. I lost my sound a few weeks back and could not figure out why because my microsoft sounds work but when I started ITUNES it said I had a audio problem. Then I started to get the error message every time I started the computer and being the dumb arse that I am didnt put 2 and 2 together. So I installed this update, the sound was back and I could here my tunes again. But 5 minutes later. The same problem arrised. I reinstalled the update, restarted, and the same thing happened. Any thoughts and why this would happen?

Thanks

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:43 PM
  • Patch worked for me as well.

I had problems to start the IBM access connections application on my T41 notebook causing the described error.

Thanks a lot.

Friday, June 15, 2007 5:01 PM
  •  Craig568629 wrote:

I searched technet and found the following articles

- KB925902 which referenced the hotfix for KB935448

This should solve the issue if you have a Realtek audio card.

*** Edited to include link to fix ***

Regards,

Craig C. MCSA, MCP, Server+, A+

this worked fine for me have realtech xp just run this fix
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:44 PM
  • Many thanks for the solution to the problem that has had me re-installing W XP home amongst other attempted solutions. I thought in the end that I had a memory fault.

My Realtek audio "card" (on the Motherboard) has never worked anyway, but short of taking a hammer to the thing I can't think how to be rid of it or make it work!

Of course there may be a driver somewhere ...

HenryC

<eq     <

actually reguarding your comment on the realtek sound card i've found a solution its called AC'97

§"http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?
    Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false"§

combine the two above and you'll get the page drop the §""§'s and you'll be good to go
    this of course is for all of you who don't have working realtek cards this might fix it for
    you and if not eh it'll cause a error whats new microsoft whats new

it solved my problem quite well also allows for multi-positioned speakers
    testing as well i just found the previous site on the hhctrl.ocx file needed
    to know as i installed a proggy and it gave me the error enjoys all
    thanks for the info Original Poster you saved me a $#|7 load of time
    GO GOOGLE GO!!!
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:43 AM
  • Thanks I was having the same problem with my intel prowireless card 2100
    this hot fix made everything ok. Thanks for the info
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:09 PM
  • Hotfix KB935448 worked great !!  Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:47 PM
  •  

This is a very helpful post
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:44 PM
  • The Microsoft Hotfix fixed the problem very easy.

Thanks for the help.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:00 PM
  • Did anyone experience Windows XP freezing around the same time as the error?
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:00 PM
  •  Krynnite wrote:
    I'm getting an error with my XP that's showing that this file HHCTRL.ocx  has accessed an address normally reserved for some other Microsoft function.  It started happening after I installed an update from Windows.  now I don't know what to do with this error
    Friday, February 15, 2008 9:41 AM
  • ....PROBLEM?..ALWAYS BLAME MICROSOFT!, then check on Google... but find resolution with Microsoft....
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:01 PM

• What happens when you have a newer service pack, and this fix won't install? 

I have no help files. 

I keep trying to reinstall and "re-register" the hhctrl.ocx file and still no help files. 

Can someone please help me? 

I have Windows XP.
    Office 2007
    Mozilla Firefox

Thanks,
    Candy
    Friday, July 18, 2008 5:13 PM
  • HI CANDY

HOTFIX DONT WORKED FOR ME TOO

I M USING WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 3 ON MY LAPTOP

SO SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS  SEARCH IN  GOOGLE FOR "HHCTRL.OCX"   AND DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE  OR DOWNLOAD FROM FOLLOWING LINK:

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/H/HHCTRL.OCX/4.73.8412/download.html

SAVE IT ON DESKTOP

NOW  OPEN      WINDOWS--> SYSTEM 32 FOLDER AND PASTE THE DOWNLOADED .OCX FILE

REPLACE THE PREVIOUS WITH THIS ONE N EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:16 AM